Informed consent is used to protect the client and the practitioner at Massage Works, LLC. At your first visit, you will complete a health history form that includes an informed consent for you to sign to receive massage services. Below is a more detailed list and explanation of Massage Works, LLC policies and procedures.
- By appointment only - Massage Works, LLC does not accept walk-in clients. Appointments may be scheduled online through our website or by contacting your therapist via phone or email.
- Clients will be reminded of their appointment times via text or email. Kindly cancel or reschedule 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Late arrivers may be docked time from their session to allow the therapist to be on time for the rest of her scheduled clients.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, the therapist will give you a courtesy call and it will be recommended that you reschedule your massage appointment so that you may receive the most benefit from your session fiscally and physically.
- Gratuity is accepted but not expected.
- Detailed Informed Consent:
I understand that massage therapy provided by Massage Works, LLC, is therapeutic in nature. Massage therapy in general can provide the benefits of enhanced relaxation, stress reduction, reduced pain from muscular tension and spasm, improved circulation and increased range of motion. I understand that massage therapists are not licensed to practice medicine and therefore do not diagnose illness or disease; perform spinal manipulations; or prescribe medical treatments. I am aware that massage therapy isnot a substitute for medical treatment, medication or diagnosis for any health condition I may have and it is recommended that I pursue appropriate health management for it. I acknowledge that any information I receive from individuals performing massage therapy services is educational in nature and is to be used at my own discretion. I understand it is important to communicate with my therapist throughout the session and inform them of any discomfort I am experiencing.
I understand that all massage services provided by this practice are non-sexual. No sexual conversation or behavior will be tolerated by either the massage therapist or the client at any time. Any inappropriate words, jokes, or suggestions by the client will result in the immediate termination of the massage session. Massage sessions terminated for inappropriate behavior will be charged the full session fee and this practice will be closed to you with no referral. For the client’s protection and warmth, the client will be covered with linens for the entirety of the massage service; only the area being worked will be exposed. There are some techniques the therapist may use that will require the client to wear workout clothing (Thai, stretching). Otherwise, the client may disrobe to their comfort level.
General benefits of massage, any cautions or contraindications have been explained to me. Due to certain contraindications and cautions for massage, the practitioner must be made aware of existing physical and mental conditions. I have informed the massage therapist of all my known physical and medical conditions, and medications. I agree that I have not taken any pain medications (opioids, etc), muscle relaxers (Flexiril, etc) or sexual stimulating aids (Viagra) prior to my massage session. I understand that it is my responsibility to keep the massage therapist updated on any changes in my health status and agree to do so each time I receive massage.
I have read the above policies of Massage Works, LLC, understand them and agree to abide by them.